Skip to main content

Story Lab: Advice to Writers

  I used this same lab a couple of weeks ago and I really enjoyed the mini advice that was given. Therefore I decided to do this lab once again to look into more advice to not only help other writers but advance my writing skills as well.

All Good Books Are Alike

This title really took me by surprise and that is why I chose to write about this one. I feel like most people strive to write things no one has ever written in order to stay relevant or unique, but sometimes that is not the best approach. In this small excerpt, it's not necessary to make all stories identical but to make the reader feel exactly what you are feeling. If you can mimic those exact feelings then you are a good writer.

The Picture Dictates the Arrangement

I liked this one because I find this to be quite accurate. If you are writing a piece and you cannot illustrate and clear and vivid image, then you have failed to make a good arrangement and everything will be spotty and in bits and pieces. In doing this you need to focus on the words you use, the length of your sentences, or even if you will use a comma or not. All of these factors play an important role in how your story turns out.

Trust Your Own Interest

This is probably one of the most important pieces of information to take in. If you are writing about something you are uninterested in just to please your writers, it is most likely going to fail. When you write about something that you lack interest in, you don't relate to it the same and it shows in your writing. Your writing won't be as enthusiastic or good. So the moral of the story always to write about something that interests you.

(Fuuny Dory Writing meme cite)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

  (Leonardo Dicaprio Welcome  Meme ) My website  link

Introduction to the not so Fabulous Life of Luda

 Hi first off I would like to introduce myself. My name is Luda....just like the rapper Ludacris. I am a biology pre-med major and I think the coolest thing about my major would have to be that hopefully one day I can not only potentially save lives, but at least make an impact in someone's life. Last semester the best class that I took would have to be biology 2 (yes ironic), but I really do enjoy learning about all different types of biology and learning about how the body functions from something as small as the firing of a neuron and I'm excited to dive deeper into those things this semester. Although I do love biology.... organic chemistry has got to be my biggest enemy. I have never experienced a harder class in my life and I truly cannot wait to be done with that! I would have to say for accomplishments my biggest one last semester was staying healthy and avoiding getting the Coronavirus all while living in my sorority house haha. Now aside from school, some hobbies that

Week 7 Story

 In the world of highschool popularity, only some could join the crowd. You either have to know the right crowd or have the right looks. At Montclair High School there were three girls in particular that everyone was afraid of and most definitely did not want to cross. Their names were Regina George, Karen Smith and, Gretchen Wieners. During their senior year, a new girl who no one knew, but caught everyone's attention came to town and her name was Cady Heron. She so desperately wanted to find true friends and a group that she could fit into. She tried everything in her power to try and fit in with these mean girls, she even tried to sit at their table at lunch. They had a ritual in which they would pink on Wednesdays. Cady was unaware of this and tried to join their lunch table on a Wednesday. They smirked and told her "we wear pink on Wednesdays, you can't sit with us." Any efforts that she tried to make were shut down in an instant and they made her feel as though