Skip to main content

Week 7 Story

 In the world of highschool popularity, only some could join the crowd. You either have to know the right crowd or have the right looks. At Montclair High School there were three girls in particular that everyone was afraid of and most definitely did not want to cross. Their names were Regina George, Karen Smith and, Gretchen Wieners. During their senior year, a new girl who no one knew, but caught everyone's attention came to town and her name was Cady Heron. She so desperately wanted to find true friends and a group that she could fit into. She tried everything in her power to try and fit in with these mean girls, she even tried to sit at their table at lunch. They had a ritual in which they would pink on Wednesdays. Cady was unaware of this and tried to join their lunch table on a Wednesday. They smirked and told her "we wear pink on Wednesdays, you can't sit with us." Any efforts that she tried to make were shut down in an instant and they made her feel as though she would never fit in. Cady was different than them, she was smart and ambitious. She was especially close with her math teacher Ms. Norbury and confided in her in all her troubles. Ms. Norbury noticed that Cady started to fail her exams in order to try and fit in with the mean girls, and she not only called Cady out but the three others as well. She explained they needed to give her a chance and accept her for who she was. Cady had finally got her in but quickly realized that this was not the person she wanted to be. Although she had done many wrongs hanging out with the mean girls, especially to Ms. Norbury, she learned her lesson, and finally gained the forgiveness of the one person who had her back the whole time....Ms. Norbury.


(Image of the Mean girls plus Cady)

Bibliography: Laura Gibbs, A Squirrel Wants to Help, Cite

Author's Note: I based this story off of a short story from Ramayana in which monkeys and bears were hurrying to build the bridge across the ocean for Rama to cross a squirrel wanted to help also. Since it was so small it could not carry the heavy rocks. In my case, the squirrel is Cady Heron and the monkeys and bears are the mean girls. The squirrel tried everything in its power to help out and build the bridge, but it was shut down in every effort, such as Cady was. Rama yelled that everyone's help is useful. Rama was Ms. Norbury, for he was looking out for the squirrel as she was. In the end, Rama ran. his finger down the squirrel's back and now that's why squirrels have stripes. In my case, Ms. Norbury forgave Cady for all the wrongs she committed.

Comments

  1. Hey Luda,

    I think that your story is super creative because I think you did a great job relating a common problem that many teenager are dealing with in the current year. I think that a lot of people will do anything to fit in to a crowd that they believe is their friends and a lot of time they forget about who they really are an change completely just to fit it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Luda, what a creative stretching of a tale from The Ramayana into a story that is more relatable to today’s society. I read R.K. Narayan’s version of The Ramayana, so this was my first introduction to this story about Rama and the squirrel. After reading your synopsis of the original tale in the Author’s Note, part of me wonders if some of the details in your retelling took away from the essence of the original story. Another thing, your current blog format seems to cut off the first sentence of your story, if there was a was to fix that, it would only help your story. Great job overall though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Luda!

    I love that you turned the story of how A Squirrel Wants to Help into a real-life story that happens a lot in school. People constantly try to change who they are so that they can fit into crowds because they seem them as friends. While doing that, one loses the sense of who they are, and their personality changes a lot. Eventually they are not the friends that they had imagined. Your story was very good and realistic, capturing the true essence that there is that one person who will always have your back, regardless of how you treat them. Learn to appreciate the people who appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    I love how you took a Mean Girls twist on this story. This is such a creative way to tell the Ramayana story. I think you did a great job of telling this story. I really enjoyed reading it. It was fun to read!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the not so Fabulous Life of Luda

 Hi first off I would like to introduce myself. My name is Luda....just like the rapper Ludacris. I am a biology pre-med major and I think the coolest thing about my major would have to be that hopefully one day I can not only potentially save lives, but at least make an impact in someone's life. Last semester the best class that I took would have to be biology 2 (yes ironic), but I really do enjoy learning about all different types of biology and learning about how the body functions from something as small as the firing of a neuron and I'm excited to dive deeper into those things this semester. Although I do love biology.... organic chemistry has got to be my biggest enemy. I have never experienced a harder class in my life and I truly cannot wait to be done with that! I would have to say for accomplishments my biggest one last semester was staying healthy and avoiding getting the Coronavirus all while living in my sorority house haha. Now aside from school, some hobbies that

Comment Wall

  (Leonardo Dicaprio Welcome  Meme ) My website  link