Skip to main content

Week 11 Story

     There once was a girl named Katie. Katie lived with her mom in the state of Texas. She and her mom bickered more often than not. Katie's dad on the other hand had moved away back when she was a baby to London, England to pursue a dental career there. Katie dreamed of living with her father and listening to the mesmerizing accents of all of the locals. The only issue was....Katie's mom would never allow her to move away....especially to a whole other country. As Katie grew older she began to act out more, yearning for her mother's attention. Her mother would think of as many punishments as possible. Taking her phone away, grounding her, and even the thought of sending her to boarding school. Katie feared all of these punishments, but there was one punishment that Katie was not prepared to hear. One day her mom got so angry she yelled "I will send you to live with your father!" In her mind Katie was ecstatic, but she could not let her mother know of that. She also wasn't quite sure if her mother was being serious, so she decided to play along."Why would you ever want to send me so far away" or "You never wanted me to live with. my father", Katie exclaimed. She slowly felt her dream of moving to a new country coming to life. Before she knew it her sly remarks we paying off because Katie was off to London. Little did her mom know that this was the best punishment Katie could have ever dreamed of! As Katie arrived in London and was welcomed with open arms by her father, she couldn't help but smile. Thanks to her smart thinking, she was now surrounded by a place she had only ever heard about over the phone. 

(Image of London by Fabio Flgel)

Bibliography The Jataka Tales.Ellen C. Babbitt.How the Turtle Saved his Own Life

Author's note: I used the story How the Turtle Saved his Own Life from the Jataka Tales. I put my own twist on this story, in which in the original a King builds a pond for his sons to play in He filled it with fish and somehow a turtle appeared. The boys thought it was a demon and ordered it to be killed. The king's men planned many ways to kill it until one many suggested to throw it in the lake so it could drown. The turtle being the smart little thing that he was decided to play along. He asked why these people would do such a terrible thing to an innocent soul. So they threw him into the lake and little did they know but he lived a happy and long life.


Comments

  1. HI Luda! I loved your story and how well you modernized the jataka How the Turtle Saved his Own Life. It took me a minute to realize which story you were retelling but it was greatly formed and took on a factor that made it more relatable. The desire for Katie to want to move and then being able to find her way towards making it happen is a great way to retell the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Luda, I just loved your story! It was so sweet and simple and had such a deep meaning attached to it! If something is meant to be, it will happen! I love how you portrayed the mother and daughter and their relationship. The description allowed me to envision the whole dynamics in my head! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the not so Fabulous Life of Luda

 Hi first off I would like to introduce myself. My name is Luda....just like the rapper Ludacris. I am a biology pre-med major and I think the coolest thing about my major would have to be that hopefully one day I can not only potentially save lives, but at least make an impact in someone's life. Last semester the best class that I took would have to be biology 2 (yes ironic), but I really do enjoy learning about all different types of biology and learning about how the body functions from something as small as the firing of a neuron and I'm excited to dive deeper into those things this semester. Although I do love biology.... organic chemistry has got to be my biggest enemy. I have never experienced a harder class in my life and I truly cannot wait to be done with that! I would have to say for accomplishments my biggest one last semester was staying healthy and avoiding getting the Coronavirus all while living in my sorority house haha. Now aside from school, some hobbies that

Comment Wall

  (Leonardo Dicaprio Welcome  Meme ) My website  link

Week 7 Story

 In the world of highschool popularity, only some could join the crowd. You either have to know the right crowd or have the right looks. At Montclair High School there were three girls in particular that everyone was afraid of and most definitely did not want to cross. Their names were Regina George, Karen Smith and, Gretchen Wieners. During their senior year, a new girl who no one knew, but caught everyone's attention came to town and her name was Cady Heron. She so desperately wanted to find true friends and a group that she could fit into. She tried everything in her power to try and fit in with these mean girls, she even tried to sit at their table at lunch. They had a ritual in which they would pink on Wednesdays. Cady was unaware of this and tried to join their lunch table on a Wednesday. They smirked and told her "we wear pink on Wednesdays, you can't sit with us." Any efforts that she tried to make were shut down in an instant and they made her feel as though