Skip to main content

Story Lab: Advice to Writers

 I used this same lab a couple of weeks ago and I really enjoyed the mini advice that was given. Therefore I decided to do this lab once again to look into more advice to not only help other writers but advance my writing skills as well.

The Fun Part

I found this little bit to be quite important. Sometimes we can find writing to be a little dreadful. It could be because we have no thoughts flowing or because we are writing about something we are uninterested in. On the contrary, looking to find a comfy outfit or cup of hot coffee, or even a spot by a window can make all of these dreadful aspects turn into fun and comfort.

It's Never Too Late

When writing anything, sometimes we wonder if it is too late to make corrections or even start over. In fact, it is never too late. If something doesn't feel right fix it! Do not continue because your work will most likely not be the best version that it could be. It is never too late to fox something or even click the delete button and start fresh

Persist

This is something that I definitely struggle with. I find myself starting to write something and then quickly distracted by something new. There are those few occasions where I get into a deep focus and it's almost as if my fingers are moving automatically. If you go in with that mindset and persist, you will find yourself doing wonders and you will be surprised with the outcome.

Be More Cold

This one is important to me because we really want the readers to feel what we feel when writing a piece. Whether is it something bad or something good, vivid imagery is key to a great story. Using those detailed descriptions to portray the scene perfectly will trap your reader in and never make them want to stop reading.

(Funny Writing is Difficult meme)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

  (Leonardo Dicaprio Welcome  Meme ) My website  link

Introduction to the not so Fabulous Life of Luda

 Hi first off I would like to introduce myself. My name is Luda....just like the rapper Ludacris. I am a biology pre-med major and I think the coolest thing about my major would have to be that hopefully one day I can not only potentially save lives, but at least make an impact in someone's life. Last semester the best class that I took would have to be biology 2 (yes ironic), but I really do enjoy learning about all different types of biology and learning about how the body functions from something as small as the firing of a neuron and I'm excited to dive deeper into those things this semester. Although I do love biology.... organic chemistry has got to be my biggest enemy. I have never experienced a harder class in my life and I truly cannot wait to be done with that! I would have to say for accomplishments my biggest one last semester was staying healthy and avoiding getting the Coronavirus all while living in my sorority house haha. Now aside from school, some hobbies that

Week 7 Story

 In the world of highschool popularity, only some could join the crowd. You either have to know the right crowd or have the right looks. At Montclair High School there were three girls in particular that everyone was afraid of and most definitely did not want to cross. Their names were Regina George, Karen Smith and, Gretchen Wieners. During their senior year, a new girl who no one knew, but caught everyone's attention came to town and her name was Cady Heron. She so desperately wanted to find true friends and a group that she could fit into. She tried everything in her power to try and fit in with these mean girls, she even tried to sit at their table at lunch. They had a ritual in which they would pink on Wednesdays. Cady was unaware of this and tried to join their lunch table on a Wednesday. They smirked and told her "we wear pink on Wednesdays, you can't sit with us." Any efforts that she tried to make were shut down in an instant and they made her feel as though