Skip to main content

Week 3 Story

After being shunned away to the forest Sita and Rama had experienced nothing but warmth and beautiful weather. Today though would be unlike no other. They had built a beautiful and very large tent-like structure that almost made them feel as though it could be a home. Every night before falling asleep Rama would make fire not only to keep warm during the chilly nights but also to scare away any vicious creatures that would approach. This was no ordinary fire, it was a magical "safe" fire that would kill anyone who tried to cross it, and then it would burn out. When he would wake up and the fire was still lit he knew no one approached but if it was out then someone tried to cross and attack them. On this interesting morning, Rama had not felt the warmth of the fire but instead found himself to be shivering uncontrollably. Quickly Sita and Rama rushed out to see what was happening outside and to their surprise, they were surrounded by a terrible ice storm. They quickly found themselves growing hungry and hoped to be able to find some salvageable food. After exploring and trying to find absolutely anything to eat Sita began to get very tired. Rama as the loving and mighty husband that he was quickly picked her up and began carrying her home. They both wept many tears in fear of dying in starvation. Little did they know their tears were soaked up by the slick ice below them. Once they got home and bundled up and prayed for hope, they began to smell the savory flavors of their most favorite foods. They peered through the opening of their home and saw enough feasts to feed a town. They never knew why this happened but after this day they never went hungry again.
(Rama and Sita illustrated by Flickr)

Bibliography: Laura Gibbs, Sita and Rama Wander the Forest, Cite

Author's Note: This was my own twist on a story about husband and wife, Sita and Rama. How the actual story goes is that it was a hot day and Sita and Rama wandered around the forest looking for food. Sita got tired and Rama carried her back to their built home. Both of their sweat dripped on the ground and they noticed saplings that bore fruit grow. They called them Rama-fruit and Sita-fruit and they still grow and are eaten in India today! 

Comments

  1. Hey Luda! I thought the original was a cool story but it was very short, so I am glad you added all these extra elements to it! I have one question for you: what would happen to Rama and Sita if more than one evil creature tried to cross the "safe fire"? Since you mentioned that it would burn out after one attempt to cross it, I wonder if they would be vulnerable to attack if multiple enemies tried to cross one after another! I also like the ending where they get to eat their favorite foods, and I would love to hear what those specific foods are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Luda! I enjoyed reading your story. You wrote it with a great dramatic tone that really sucked me in. I think it’s an excellent adaptation of the original, and I like your choice to make their tears, not sweat, the source of their food. Rama seems very affectionate and caring in your version, too, and I like your details about how he’s diligent about keeping the magic fire lit to keep him and Sita safe. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the not so Fabulous Life of Luda

 Hi first off I would like to introduce myself. My name is Luda....just like the rapper Ludacris. I am a biology pre-med major and I think the coolest thing about my major would have to be that hopefully one day I can not only potentially save lives, but at least make an impact in someone's life. Last semester the best class that I took would have to be biology 2 (yes ironic), but I really do enjoy learning about all different types of biology and learning about how the body functions from something as small as the firing of a neuron and I'm excited to dive deeper into those things this semester. Although I do love biology.... organic chemistry has got to be my biggest enemy. I have never experienced a harder class in my life and I truly cannot wait to be done with that! I would have to say for accomplishments my biggest one last semester was staying healthy and avoiding getting the Coronavirus all while living in my sorority house haha. Now aside from school, some hobbies that

Comment Wall

  (Leonardo Dicaprio Welcome  Meme ) My website  link

Week 7 Story

 In the world of highschool popularity, only some could join the crowd. You either have to know the right crowd or have the right looks. At Montclair High School there were three girls in particular that everyone was afraid of and most definitely did not want to cross. Their names were Regina George, Karen Smith and, Gretchen Wieners. During their senior year, a new girl who no one knew, but caught everyone's attention came to town and her name was Cady Heron. She so desperately wanted to find true friends and a group that she could fit into. She tried everything in her power to try and fit in with these mean girls, she even tried to sit at their table at lunch. They had a ritual in which they would pink on Wednesdays. Cady was unaware of this and tried to join their lunch table on a Wednesday. They smirked and told her "we wear pink on Wednesdays, you can't sit with us." Any efforts that she tried to make were shut down in an instant and they made her feel as though