Skip to main content

Week 2 Story


Welcome to the town of Ceylon where the feeling is quite gloomy and chilling and the only inhabitants are Goblins....she Goblins.  They roam this town day and night waiting for precious travelers to arrive to lure them in and turn them into a tasty feast. What the she Goblins were unaware of was that these travelers about to arrive were unlike ones they had ever seen before.

One gloomy afternoon as the she Goblins appetites had turned into starvation one had noticed a crashed ship by the shore. They quickly rushed over and noticed 500 beautiful men that had looked like no other.  They played their act of caring, helpful, and innocent women and brought the men back to what once was a chilling town, now full of a false community. The men felt so welcomed and safe and so infatuated with these women. They stayed in hopes of starting a new future.

In almost no time man after man was falling in love with these astonishing women that the she Goblins played out to be. To much surprise, the she Goblins began to unlock feelings they had never known to exist. They held a meeting on the evening that they were finally going to feast on their husbands and some had decided to chose to suppress their desire for human flesh and forgo love, while others chose to live by their old lifestyles.

As the night approached and the she Goblins began to feast, the ones who chose love noticed a terrifying change in their husbands. The husbands began to morph into slimy scary dragons that devoured them in the blink of an eye. That night the she Goblins who had discovered who the travelers really were fleed Ceylon and since that day, not another she Goblin has been spotted. The city of Ceylon is now roamed by vicious deceiving dragons that transform into beautiful men who trap any travelers they encounter.


(My Imagination of What the Men Turned into Illustrated by Harsanyi Laszlo)



Author's Note: I took this traditional story and put a slight twist of my own in it. Originally the story ends with the she Goblins feasting on these new travelers as they usually would and continuing that cycle. Instead, I added the twist of the travelers actually being in disguise and playing the game of feasting as well to the point of scaring off the she Goblins from the city.

Bibliography. "Goblin City" from Jataka Anthology by W. H. D. Rouse. Web Source

Comments

  1. Hey Luda! This is a creative and unexpected twist on the original; I did not expect that the men would end up having the same exact plan as some of the she-goblins! The illustration you included is also very helpful in picturing the story as you imagined it - those dragons look super cool (and scary). I wonder if the dragon-men have any further plans now that their food supply is gone - why not leave and go to a different island or back where they came from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Luda! I really enjoy that plot twist, and I wasn’t expecting it at all. The detail that the she Goblins who chose love noticed changes in their lovers first was great, and it really added to the irony. Their commitment to love was too late, and their deception was not as good as the deceiving dragons. The fact that these dragons were also disguised as beautiful men parallels the original narrative, as the she Goblins disguised as beautiful women. I wonder what happened to the she Goblins that feasted on their husbands. Did they have to fight the dragons and lose? It would be a really interesting part to explain, and it would allow for more creative liberty from the original source. You could add a lot more details through this, and it would allow the readers to imagine how the city of Ceylon looks like after the dragons took over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Luda!

    I really liked your version of Goblin City. Throughout the entire time I was reading your story, I was hooked. I enjoyed your creativity in the story. I did not expect the ending. You did an amazing job leading up to the end of the story without giving away too much. I love how the beautiful men morphed into dragons. Dragons are pretty neat creatures. I liked the picture you diced to go with because it gives a mysterious and ominous vibe. I cannot wait to read more of your stories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the not so Fabulous Life of Luda

 Hi first off I would like to introduce myself. My name is Luda....just like the rapper Ludacris. I am a biology pre-med major and I think the coolest thing about my major would have to be that hopefully one day I can not only potentially save lives, but at least make an impact in someone's life. Last semester the best class that I took would have to be biology 2 (yes ironic), but I really do enjoy learning about all different types of biology and learning about how the body functions from something as small as the firing of a neuron and I'm excited to dive deeper into those things this semester. Although I do love biology.... organic chemistry has got to be my biggest enemy. I have never experienced a harder class in my life and I truly cannot wait to be done with that! I would have to say for accomplishments my biggest one last semester was staying healthy and avoiding getting the Coronavirus all while living in my sorority house haha. Now aside from school, some hobbies that

Comment Wall

  (Leonardo Dicaprio Welcome  Meme ) My website  link

Week 7 Story

 In the world of highschool popularity, only some could join the crowd. You either have to know the right crowd or have the right looks. At Montclair High School there were three girls in particular that everyone was afraid of and most definitely did not want to cross. Their names were Regina George, Karen Smith and, Gretchen Wieners. During their senior year, a new girl who no one knew, but caught everyone's attention came to town and her name was Cady Heron. She so desperately wanted to find true friends and a group that she could fit into. She tried everything in her power to try and fit in with these mean girls, she even tried to sit at their table at lunch. They had a ritual in which they would pink on Wednesdays. Cady was unaware of this and tried to join their lunch table on a Wednesday. They smirked and told her "we wear pink on Wednesdays, you can't sit with us." Any efforts that she tried to make were shut down in an instant and they made her feel as though