Skip to main content

Week 2 Reading Overview

 For my week three selection of the Ramayana, I have selected your option of the Tiny Tales. I have decided to pick this reading option because I know professors work hard on writing textbooks or any books in general so I would like to put in the time to read what you have taken the time to write for us! Also, I feel like since I am quite unfamiliar with this class your readings will give me a better segway into understanding the material better. I also like that you said each story will be 100 words, but will still give an in depth understanding of what is going on. I feel like when I read super long stories I get lost with what is actually important so this may help me stay focused and understand the story better. The two comic books that caught my attention were  Harishchandra: The King Who Chose Rags Over Riches and  The Hidden Treasure: Wisdom Wins A War. I looked at the hero/heroine tab and folktales tabs because I feel like those are the two topics that most catch my eye and I feel that I would be most interested in them. I love to read stories that are dramatic and typically have to do with some sort of romance. The first comic stood out to me because I wanted to learn more as to why this king chose rags over riches and if it had something to do with a woman he was/is in love with. I chose the second comic because I was interested in how wisdom could win a war rather than fighting for example. I find that to be interesting because potentially I could apply the lesson learned from that comic into my everyday life. The two videos that I selected were Indian and Greek Mythological parallels and Harry Potter Meets Hindu Mythology.  I chose the first video because I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Greek Mythology and I found it super intriguing to see how Indian and Greek Mythology compares and contrasts. I chose the second video because I am a die-hard Harry Potter fan and I found it cool to put a twist on Hindu Mythology with Harry Potter. I selected the picture below because I found myself wondering what was happening and why the things that were happening happened. I thought this was a very detailed picture as well and it seems to tell a story that I would like to learn more about.

(Vyasa talking with Gandhari illustrated by Mahabharata)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the not so Fabulous Life of Luda

 Hi first off I would like to introduce myself. My name is Luda....just like the rapper Ludacris. I am a biology pre-med major and I think the coolest thing about my major would have to be that hopefully one day I can not only potentially save lives, but at least make an impact in someone's life. Last semester the best class that I took would have to be biology 2 (yes ironic), but I really do enjoy learning about all different types of biology and learning about how the body functions from something as small as the firing of a neuron and I'm excited to dive deeper into those things this semester. Although I do love biology.... organic chemistry has got to be my biggest enemy. I have never experienced a harder class in my life and I truly cannot wait to be done with that! I would have to say for accomplishments my biggest one last semester was staying healthy and avoiding getting the Coronavirus all while living in my sorority house haha. Now aside from school, some hobbies that

Comment Wall

  (Leonardo Dicaprio Welcome  Meme ) My website  link

Week 7 Story

 In the world of highschool popularity, only some could join the crowd. You either have to know the right crowd or have the right looks. At Montclair High School there were three girls in particular that everyone was afraid of and most definitely did not want to cross. Their names were Regina George, Karen Smith and, Gretchen Wieners. During their senior year, a new girl who no one knew, but caught everyone's attention came to town and her name was Cady Heron. She so desperately wanted to find true friends and a group that she could fit into. She tried everything in her power to try and fit in with these mean girls, she even tried to sit at their table at lunch. They had a ritual in which they would pink on Wednesdays. Cady was unaware of this and tried to join their lunch table on a Wednesday. They smirked and told her "we wear pink on Wednesdays, you can't sit with us." Any efforts that she tried to make were shut down in an instant and they made her feel as though