Skip to main content

Topic Research

 The storybook that I want to further look into is Goddess of Contagion. This storybook has stood out to me since the very beginning. One of the many reasons why I believe it has held my attention is because I am studying to hopefully one day become a doctor so with everything going on right now and a goddess who can help cure people is super intriguing to me. I also love how the author took a traditional story and turned it into a story that is very applicable to today's world. This story circles around the goddess Amman who is known as the goddess of rain or the goddess of contagion. This storybook focuses on taking these traditional gods and goddesses and transforming them into people form. I really like this because sometimes it can be hard for people to keep track of who each god/goddess is and what they stand for and sometimes simplifying it can make the story much easier to follow. The interesting thing about this goddess is that she is able to cure illness but also if angered she can inflict terrible diseases on people. I feel like I can take some interesting turns on this story that will keep people on their toes. My three possible routes for this story can include:

  1. I obviously love the route that the author took for this storybook and transformed it having to do with the pandemic going on right now so I feel as though this could be a safe route. I would definitely give the story my own plot and characters, just follow the simple outline of the pandemic and a hero who is able to magically cure the people.
  2. A second option could be using the Harry Potter route. I am super excited to try this but also quite nervous. I could take the Harry Potter cast and incorporate it into my story which would definitely be eye-catching to all the Harry Potter fans. I think this would be cool but also challenging because it's a very different approach than many would take.
  3. The last approach that I could take for my storybook could be to completely rearrange the story and turn Amman into a villain who is so angry because of tragedy in her past that she invades towns to befriend people just to get them sick and spread terrible diseases. This is also an interesting approach because it would be a villain as the main character rather than a hero.
I have not yet decided which approach I would like to take. I think these all are super cool and fun routes to take. Which do you think would be fun and or give me the most creativity to write about?

(The Goddess of Contagion by Sandhya Kumari)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the not so Fabulous Life of Luda

 Hi first off I would like to introduce myself. My name is Luda....just like the rapper Ludacris. I am a biology pre-med major and I think the coolest thing about my major would have to be that hopefully one day I can not only potentially save lives, but at least make an impact in someone's life. Last semester the best class that I took would have to be biology 2 (yes ironic), but I really do enjoy learning about all different types of biology and learning about how the body functions from something as small as the firing of a neuron and I'm excited to dive deeper into those things this semester. Although I do love biology.... organic chemistry has got to be my biggest enemy. I have never experienced a harder class in my life and I truly cannot wait to be done with that! I would have to say for accomplishments my biggest one last semester was staying healthy and avoiding getting the Coronavirus all while living in my sorority house haha. Now aside from school, some hobbies that

Comment Wall

  (Leonardo Dicaprio Welcome  Meme ) My website  link

Week 7 Story

 In the world of highschool popularity, only some could join the crowd. You either have to know the right crowd or have the right looks. At Montclair High School there were three girls in particular that everyone was afraid of and most definitely did not want to cross. Their names were Regina George, Karen Smith and, Gretchen Wieners. During their senior year, a new girl who no one knew, but caught everyone's attention came to town and her name was Cady Heron. She so desperately wanted to find true friends and a group that she could fit into. She tried everything in her power to try and fit in with these mean girls, she even tried to sit at their table at lunch. They had a ritual in which they would pink on Wednesdays. Cady was unaware of this and tried to join their lunch table on a Wednesday. They smirked and told her "we wear pink on Wednesdays, you can't sit with us." Any efforts that she tried to make were shut down in an instant and they made her feel as though