Skip to main content

Topic Brainstorm

 I chose to look back over the storybooks that initially caught my attention and recall why they in fact did catch my attention. Using that initial attraction made me want to further learning about these traditional stories and add my own style to them. My four possible topics to write my storybook over include:


  1. To Love and To Lose. This storybook attracted my attention because as I have mentioned many times before I find myself always drawn to anything that has to do with love. So initially the title is what grabbed my attention. I am not very familiar with any Indian epics so all of these are new to me. Another thing I like about this story is that not only does it have to do with love, but loss as well which adds drama. Adding drama to a story in my opinion keeps me a lot more engaged and I feel like I could put a fun twist on it. I am excited to learn more about how Hidimbi chose love over blood and how this broke her heart and caused her to lose everything. I am also interested in incorporating the animation as was used in this storybook and familiarizing myself with those types of things to keep my audience engaged.
  2. Goddess of Contagion. This storybook is also another one of interest to me because not only does it incorporate drama, but goddesses as well. I love reading about gods and goddesses so I found this one to be interesting. I also liked how in this storybook in particular the author found a way to put a twist on the pandemic going on right now. This gave me the inspiration to do something similar because I feel like with these tough times this topic is something that many can relate to and would be interested in reading about. I think taking a traditional story such as this one and putting it in terms of situations that are applicable to many is something that I really want to do this semester. As of right now, this story is my number one and I would like to create my own twist on it.
  3. Another Love Story. This again is another storybook that has to do with love so again to no one's surprise that is why I chose to dive deeper into it. This seemed to be a cheesy love story of a beautiful woman with good morals and a man who has the destiny to be great and powerful and how their worlds collided. That is exactly what I love and I was excited to learn more and add my own spin on this well-known outline of love stories. I think it would be so fun to take a cheesy love story and take a turn that many would not expect because it will keep many wondering and engaged in my story. I think that this story is also a front runner on something that I would like to do as my storybook project,
  4. Lastly, Harry Potter Meets Hindu Mythology. This comic stood out to me for different reasons than the others. I am a HUGE fan of Harry Potter and this made me want to take a story and see if I could change it up by including the characters of Harry Potter in it. This was super unique to me because I have not seen any stories like this and it really got me excited to want to create something similar. It fascinating how people can take a traditional Indian epic and incorporate something so different as Harry Potter in it. I feel like I could take any story and put this view on it and I think it would be different and all my Harry Potter lovers would really like to read about it as much as I would like to write about it.


(The Goddess of Contagion by Sandhya Kumari)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the not so Fabulous Life of Luda

 Hi first off I would like to introduce myself. My name is Luda....just like the rapper Ludacris. I am a biology pre-med major and I think the coolest thing about my major would have to be that hopefully one day I can not only potentially save lives, but at least make an impact in someone's life. Last semester the best class that I took would have to be biology 2 (yes ironic), but I really do enjoy learning about all different types of biology and learning about how the body functions from something as small as the firing of a neuron and I'm excited to dive deeper into those things this semester. Although I do love biology.... organic chemistry has got to be my biggest enemy. I have never experienced a harder class in my life and I truly cannot wait to be done with that! I would have to say for accomplishments my biggest one last semester was staying healthy and avoiding getting the Coronavirus all while living in my sorority house haha. Now aside from school, some hobbies that

Comment Wall

  (Leonardo Dicaprio Welcome  Meme ) My website  link

Week 7 Story

 In the world of highschool popularity, only some could join the crowd. You either have to know the right crowd or have the right looks. At Montclair High School there were three girls in particular that everyone was afraid of and most definitely did not want to cross. Their names were Regina George, Karen Smith and, Gretchen Wieners. During their senior year, a new girl who no one knew, but caught everyone's attention came to town and her name was Cady Heron. She so desperately wanted to find true friends and a group that she could fit into. She tried everything in her power to try and fit in with these mean girls, she even tried to sit at their table at lunch. They had a ritual in which they would pink on Wednesdays. Cady was unaware of this and tried to join their lunch table on a Wednesday. They smirked and told her "we wear pink on Wednesdays, you can't sit with us." Any efforts that she tried to make were shut down in an instant and they made her feel as though