Skip to main content

NYC, Dallas, San Francisco...My Favorite Places

 New York City, New York is one of my all-time favorite cities to visit in the United States. I have been traveling to the city every single year for the past ten years throughout all of the seasons for all types of reasons. Everything from riding the subways, going to broadway shows to exploring all the different suburbs of the city mesmerizes me and makes it an experience that I never want to end. Even though I've been to the city so many times, I never find myself bored, in fact, I always seem to learn more than I ever thought. I find myself also intruded with the constant motion in the city. I love seeing the mass amounts of people on the streets and watching people go on with their days. A dream that I have always had is to get to experience working in a hospital in New York City. With the density of the population of the city, I would have the opportunity to expose myself to all types of patients that I may never have the opportunity to care for in a small city. I hope to achieve this dream one day and to never stop visiting the big apple!

(New York City with Statue of Liberty: Forbes)


Dallas, Texas is a city that I am very familiar with. I was born and grew up in Frisco, Texas which is a suburb of Dallas. With that being said I always found myself going to Dallas pretty much every weekend. Why I love Dallas so much is because even though I was born in the suburbs, I find myself loving being in the busy city atmosphere and Dallas is able to provide that for me in just a mere 25-minute drive. I feel like I am able to get the New York City feel, while also being at home. There are so many fun parts of Dallas that give you completely different vibes from one another. For example, if you are wanting a nice romantic dinner getaway you would find yourself most likely in uptown Dallas, whereas if you are looking for a unique hole in the wall restaurant you might find yourself in Deep Ellum (which not to mention is full of some super cool graffiti walls). Dallas is also known for its awesome sports teams such as the Dallas Cowboys, the Dallas Stars, and the Dallas Mavericks; some of my favorites. I hope to one day to be able to live in the city!

(Dallas Skyline: Joe Daniel Price)


San Francisco, California is a city of many beauties. Although I have only visited once in my life, I hope to be able to come back many more times. The interesting thing about this city is that it has so many unique factors to it that is something that takes the breath away from a Texas girl like me. I will never forget the crisp air that I inhaled driving up to the Muir woods; I have never felt fresher air than that. I have also never seen such wide and tall trees in my entire life, in fact, I never even knew such things existed. I also loved going down to the pier and getting to experience the beauty of it and the animals that inhabit the area. While being on the pier I was able to take a tour of the island of Alcatraz, which is just mesmerizing in itself. From the tasty bakeries, the beautiful golden gate bridge, to the hilly roads this city screams variety and uniqueness, and I recommend everyone to visit at least once in their lifetimes.


(San Fransisco Golden Gate Bridge:Carly Helfand)

Comments

  1. I totally agree about New York City, Luda! It is so much fun to visit there, plus I have seen so many TV shows set in New York City that I can also imagine working there, and what excitement that would bring to just about everything you do! But San Francisco is my town. I sometimes look at housing listings there and imagine what I would do if I had a million dollars, or I guess more like five million dollars since a million dollars doesn't even go very far in San Francisco ha ha. But I moved out there in 1980 when I graduated from high school, before Silicon Valley and all that, and it was fabulous. I lived at the corner of Stanyan and Parnassus by Golden Gate Park!!! Google Map ... I'd live there again in a heartbeat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Luda! Wow, we have had some very similar experiences! I have actually been to all of those cities and several of the specific places you mentioned. I grew up in a suburb of Fort Worth, so I am very familiar with the DFW metroplex, although I have not physically walked around Dallas as many times as you. I had family in New York growing up (they lived on Long Island) so I have been to NYC a few times as well, but I only really got to experience walking around the city when I went with my roommate back in freshman year. Finally, I have visited SanFran one time as well, and I also went to the Muir Woods! Amazing place, I agree.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the not so Fabulous Life of Luda

 Hi first off I would like to introduce myself. My name is Luda....just like the rapper Ludacris. I am a biology pre-med major and I think the coolest thing about my major would have to be that hopefully one day I can not only potentially save lives, but at least make an impact in someone's life. Last semester the best class that I took would have to be biology 2 (yes ironic), but I really do enjoy learning about all different types of biology and learning about how the body functions from something as small as the firing of a neuron and I'm excited to dive deeper into those things this semester. Although I do love biology.... organic chemistry has got to be my biggest enemy. I have never experienced a harder class in my life and I truly cannot wait to be done with that! I would have to say for accomplishments my biggest one last semester was staying healthy and avoiding getting the Coronavirus all while living in my sorority house haha. Now aside from school, some hobbies that

Comment Wall

  (Leonardo Dicaprio Welcome  Meme ) My website  link

Week 7 Story

 In the world of highschool popularity, only some could join the crowd. You either have to know the right crowd or have the right looks. At Montclair High School there were three girls in particular that everyone was afraid of and most definitely did not want to cross. Their names were Regina George, Karen Smith and, Gretchen Wieners. During their senior year, a new girl who no one knew, but caught everyone's attention came to town and her name was Cady Heron. She so desperately wanted to find true friends and a group that she could fit into. She tried everything in her power to try and fit in with these mean girls, she even tried to sit at their table at lunch. They had a ritual in which they would pink on Wednesdays. Cady was unaware of this and tried to join their lunch table on a Wednesday. They smirked and told her "we wear pink on Wednesdays, you can't sit with us." Any efforts that she tried to make were shut down in an instant and they made her feel as though