Skip to main content

My Thoughts on Growth Mindset

 After watching Carol Dweck's Ted talk and her other short video, I find myself completely agreeing with what she had to say about how children in America are taught and how they are rewarded for the wrong reasons perse. Before watching these videos I had never heard of Carol Dweck, nor have I ever specifically heard of Growth Mindset. I have heard of similar approaches, but never knew it had a specific name. On the spectrum of the growth or fixed mindset, I don't know exactly where I fall. I like to believe that I am always up for new challenges and pushing myself to learn about things I had never even thought about. In that case, if that really is true then I believe I fall under the growth mindset (I do have my lazy days though where I probably prefer the fixed mindest....we all can't be perfect all the time). While being at OU, I have learned that sadly I do find happiness not necessarily in the challenges of some of my classes but rather in the outcome of my grade from those challenges. I feel like GPA in college is such a big deal so no matter the challenges we face in classes or the challenges we don't face, in the end, we college kids, especially myself reward ourselves on the final grade. With that being said I am taking organic chemistry 2 this semester and that class is something that is just incomprehensible to me, but I will need to focus to accept the challenge of the class and face is head first and accomplish myself day by day rather than just by my final grade.

( Growth Mindset: Cat and Dog)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the not so Fabulous Life of Luda

 Hi first off I would like to introduce myself. My name is Luda....just like the rapper Ludacris. I am a biology pre-med major and I think the coolest thing about my major would have to be that hopefully one day I can not only potentially save lives, but at least make an impact in someone's life. Last semester the best class that I took would have to be biology 2 (yes ironic), but I really do enjoy learning about all different types of biology and learning about how the body functions from something as small as the firing of a neuron and I'm excited to dive deeper into those things this semester. Although I do love biology.... organic chemistry has got to be my biggest enemy. I have never experienced a harder class in my life and I truly cannot wait to be done with that! I would have to say for accomplishments my biggest one last semester was staying healthy and avoiding getting the Coronavirus all while living in my sorority house haha. Now aside from school, some hobbies that

Comment Wall

  (Leonardo Dicaprio Welcome  Meme ) My website  link

Week 7 Story

 In the world of highschool popularity, only some could join the crowd. You either have to know the right crowd or have the right looks. At Montclair High School there were three girls in particular that everyone was afraid of and most definitely did not want to cross. Their names were Regina George, Karen Smith and, Gretchen Wieners. During their senior year, a new girl who no one knew, but caught everyone's attention came to town and her name was Cady Heron. She so desperately wanted to find true friends and a group that she could fit into. She tried everything in her power to try and fit in with these mean girls, she even tried to sit at their table at lunch. They had a ritual in which they would pink on Wednesdays. Cady was unaware of this and tried to join their lunch table on a Wednesday. They smirked and told her "we wear pink on Wednesdays, you can't sit with us." Any efforts that she tried to make were shut down in an instant and they made her feel as though